CSLP encourages the collaboration of innovative and age appropriate ideas, resources, and programs through the production of four age based manuals. If you have a great idea that you would like to have considered for the next manual publication, please visit our website at: https://www.cslpreads.org/manual-submission-form/ . Here you will have access to an online form that you can quickly fill out and submit at that time. Need some extra time to think through the program or unable to access the online form? CSLP has provided a downloadable version of the form on the website as well that you may fill out at your earliest convenience. This downloadable submission form may be filled out and sent directly to the 2018 Manual Chairs for review at: email@example.com.
Deadline for entries are as follows:
- Early Literacy Manual (approximately age Birth to 5 years): August 31, 2016
- Children’s Manual (approximately age 6 – 11 years): August 31, 2016
- Teen Manual (approximately ages 12 – 18 years): October 31, 2016
- Adult Manual (approximately ages 18+): October 31, 2016
The music-themed slogan for the 2018 CSLP Summer Reading Program is Libraries Rock! CSLP produces manuals that include program ideas, booklists, decorations and activities for four age groups, from babies to adults. Since public librarians are our customers for the manual, we want your ideas – you know what will work best in your branches. Use the form below to submit your idea and any related materials (pictures, worksheets, etc.).
Remember: All ideas must be original. Any ideas originating from copyrighted materials including books, magazines, or the Internet must be listed in the Staff Resources bibliography. The actual copyrighted idea (picture, craft, etc.) cannot be included in the CSLP manual.
Submission of an idea does not guarantee its inclusion in the manual, per editorial review. Submissions may be edited and expanded upon. The submitter’s name and system will be listed in the manual in the chapter which includes the submission.
You may submit for any of the four programs: Early Literacy, Children’s, Teen, and/or Adult. Each submission should be age appropriate and include but not limited to the following:
- Books to Share: give title, author, publication date, indicate the reading level/age, and write a short description
- Program Ideas: crafts, games, activities, passive programs – include audience, materials needed, difficulty rating, setup time, adaptability ideas and step-by-step instructions. If you submit a worksheet, the solutions must also be included.
- Display Ideas: decorations, crafts to make for decorations, etc.
- Music and Movement: songs, rhymes, finger plays (for Early Literacy). Explain how these will work in a library setting, storytime, or program.
Please send any further questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.