CSLP Annual Meeting/Conference
2018 CSLP Annual Meeting
April 9 – 12, 2018
The Westin in Denver, Colorado
CONFERENCE, TRAVEL and HOTEL INFORMATION
- Registration, Travel, and Hotel Information
- On-line CSLP Registration Form
- Hotel reservations
- Brief Agenda
- Travel Policy
- Travel Voucher
- Voting Proxy Form
- Denver Visitor Guide
- Light Rail Video
- Prepare for Denver’s High Elevation
- Book Donations
The 2018 CSLP Annual meeting will be held at The Westin Denver Downtown Hotel, 1672 Lawrence Street, Denver, CO 80202
You will find a brief tentative agenda along with the registration form, lodging instructions, light rail and shuttle instructions, proxy forms, and suggested sightseeing activities from the area.
If you have questions, please contact the CSLP Administrative Office toll free at (866) 657-8556.
All lodging reservations must be made directly with The Westin Denver Downtown no later than March 1, 2018. All guests will need to guarantee lodging on a credit card for incidental items. Rooms will be $199.00/night (plus 14.75% tax) for single/double. (Triple rooms are $219 and quad occupancy will be $239 per room, per night). All sleeping rooms include complimentary wireless Internet access. When making your phone reservations, please state that you are with the CSLP as we want to have you included in the CSLP room block rooming list. Online Booking Directions follow:
1) Log on this link: CSLP 2018 Annual Meeting
2) The room rate has been guaranteed from April 5 through April 15 Please note the days CSLP will be responsible for are Monday – Wednesday plus Thursday if you are unable to make travel connections to leave that evening.
If you plan to arrive early or stay later, room rates will be based on availability. The additional days will be at your own expense and must be reserved with The Westin Denver Downtown to guarantee availability.
The Westin Denver Downtown is a non-smoking hotel.
The CSLP Board of Directors has approved the following CSLP expenditures for this conference:
- One room per state/island member for up to four nights (Monday-Thursday).
Room use for each State will be determined by your state representative and may be used by anyone from your state.
- One room per member of the Board of Directors for up to five nights (Sunday – Thursday)
- Up to two (2) representatives per state/island will receive meals and refreshments on Monday through Thursday. (For those who cannot fly out on Thursday evening, dine around dinner reservations will be made at local restaurants with sign-up sheets available at the registration desk. Additional meeting attendees (over 2) per state or island member will be charged $400 to cover meals, refreshments, and registration costs.
- A stipend of up to $800 will be reimbursed to one person from each state/island to help defray travel expenses not reimbursed by their state/island. Receipts are required for all reimbursements. Travel vouchers need to be submitted to the CSLP office no later than Friday, April 27,2018. Reimbursement for your expenses will be issued in May 2018. Reimbursable items include: Airfare, airport parking, luggage charges for one bag to/from Denver airport (DEN), transportation to/from Denver International Airport(DEN) to The Westin Denver Downtown. (See options on next page), mileage to/from the departure airport, and meals on travel days. To see the complete travel policy, click here:
(Questions: contact Karen Day at (866) 657-8556 or Anne Lemay at (732) 873-8700 x103. CSLP will not reimburse or pay for any alcohol.
Lodging for additional meeting attendees will be at their own expense during the meeting at the conference rate of $199.00/night (plus 14.75% tax) for single/double. Additional nights will be charged per the above lodging information. All lodging reservations must be made directly with The Westin Denver Downtown no later than March 1, 2018. All meetings will be held in The Westin Denver Downtown.
Brief Agenda – Please note the meeting start times and ending times on the draft agenda are firm however items within the agenda may be moved around prior to the beginning of the meeting. Just a reminder, this meeting is provided to you by your peers and you are expected to remain through the entire meeting. Leaving early jeopardizes the impact and the knowledge gained by this annual meeting. Your presence and vote are critical to the success of CSLP. As soon as the full agenda is available, it will be posted to this site.
State Representatives: If you are personally unable to attend this annual meeting, a Proxy Form must be completed and returned to the CSLP office no later than March 1, 2018 to allow you voice & vote.
Meeting registration must be made with the CSLP Administrative office no later than March 1, 2018 in one of two ways:
- On-line registration form to complete and return to the CSLP office via e-mail, or fax (641) 424-5120
- Phone the CSLP office toll free at (866) 657-8556 to register
Denver International Airport (DEN)
The Westin Denver Downtown is approximately 30 miles from the Denver International Airport (DEN).
The most economical way to travel to the Westin is by the Denver Public Transpiration System or RTD. Take the A LINE from the airport to Union Station. This will take you approximately 37 minutes and cost $9.00 one-way. Once at Union Station, go to the 16th Street Free Mall Ride buses and travel down 16th Street to Lawrence where you will find The Westin Denver Downtown Hotel.
Link to the light rail: http://rtd-denver.com/a-line-schedule-east.shtml
Light rail Video: youtu.be/Ym38f_nd6Jg
Link to the free Mall Shuttle: http://www.rtd-denver.com/FREEMallRide.shtml
If you choose to use another form of transportation, you may go to the Denver International Airport website: https://www.flydenver.com/ and click on Parking, Transportation: https://www.flydenver.com/parking_transit. Here you will find an array of ways to shuttle to the Westin Denver Downtown. An estimated taxi ride is $55 one-way and an estimated shared shuttle ride would be $25 – $30 one-way depending on the number of riders. Check out your options prior to arriving in Denver.
A list of meeting participants and their arrival times will be provided as soon as all registrations are received. This will assist in finding other participants that will be arriving close to your travel time.
Another website to see transportation options is: http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin/property/area/transportation.html?propertyID=1012
**Remember you must have receipt of this expense for reimbursement**
IF YOU ARE DRIVING:
If you are driving to the conference, please review the CSLP travel policy regarding mileage.
To obtain driving directions, go to: http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin/property/area/directions.html?propertyID=1012
If you are driving, a private parking garage located under the hotel provides valet parking for guests. Valet offers in/out privileges for hotel guests only. Parking can be charged to your room at $42 per night. See the hotel website for more details: http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin/property/area/directions.html?propertyID=1012. This charge will be for annual meeting nights only and may be a part of the reimbursable stipend of up to $800 total. Please note on your registration form if you will be driving to the conference.
Facts about the Denver Area
Travel details about the Denver area will be posted on the Annual Meeting website soon. Please check back.
SIGHTSEEING OPTIONS IN THE DENVER AREA
The Colorado conference planning team has supplied CSLP with several trusted sites with tourist attractions information in the Denver area. To view the list of Denver attractions, click here. (not exhaustive)
CSLP will again collect books at the Annual Meeting for a state that has experienced a natural disaster. Click Here for more details.
If you have questions about any arrangements in Denver, Colorado, please contact Karen Day toll free at 866-657-8556 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.